The college library is the key resource of information for the academic community. It started functioning right from the beginning of the College in 1964. At present it has attained the position of a Ist Grade Library with more than 31,000 books and 65 periodicals. Xerox facility is also available in the library which is now computerized.The library is automated using “KOHA”, a well known open source Integrated Library Management Software which has a number of advanced features, enabling the college library to become more user oriented in the current digital era. Besides very suitable and convenient library administrative modules, KOHA can provide a handful of attractive interfaces from the user point of view, like quick search and access, Web-OPAC, and the feasibility of integrating new technologies like RFID.
Rules and Regulations of the Library
1. All students and members of the teaching staff are members of the college library.
2. The library shall be functioning on all working days from 9.00 A.M to 5.00 P.M.
3. Silence shall be strictly observed in all parts of the Library.
4. Entrance to the Reading Room and the Reference Section is permitted only to students who have their identity cards with them.
5. The Librarian has the right to recall a book at 24 hours notice.